Friday, July 27, 2012

Treat Holder

Today I am sharing a new stamp from Queen Kat Designs by Melia Newman called Ornaments.  As soon as I laid eyes on this stamp, I know exactly what I wanted to make!  Of course I went with my instincts and made a super cute treat holder.  All that's missing is a Ziploc bag full of homemade treats inside the holder.  


To make the treat holder itself, I cut a piece of cardstock to 5in x 10 1/2in.  I then scored the cardstock at 4in, 4 1/2in, 5in, and 9in.  Next, create a mountain fold on the 4 1/2 score line and valley folds on the 4in and 5in score lines.  This will create the bottom of the treat holder.  Then, simply fold down on the last score line.  

I then used a punch to create the scalloped border.  Lastly, I added a bit of Christmas themed patterned paper.



For the stamped image itself, I colored it with my favorite pencils, Derwent Inktense, and then spritzed the entire image with Glimmer Mist for a pop of shimmer.  I then used a Spellbinders die to cut out the image and then added glitter around the edges.  Finally, I adhered the stamped image to the treat holder.


 I hope you've enjoyed your visit today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails