Monday, November 26, 2012

Beginnings

Now that we're heading into the cooler months, how about a quick reminder of Summer?  

This layout is chock full of Basically Bare goodness - the sun and clouds from the Celestial Set, a two canvas hearts, and an acrylic frame.

The clouds were covered with Stickles for lots of shimmer.  The sun was inked yellow, then heat embossed with three layers of UTEE.  Then I placed it in the freezer for about 15 minutes.  Once I took it out of the freezer, I bent it in several places until the UTEE cracked.  Then I inked over the cracks with Distress Ink.  This creates a really fun look.

I ran the frame through my Cuttlebug for a bit of texture.  Lastly, I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil and Tattered Angels mists with the canvas hearts.  Again, lots of shimmer.


These pictures are of my niece on her first trip to the beach in August.  She went from screaming and being scared of the water to playing and laughing in the span of just a few seconds.  I'm already anxiously waiting for warmer weather so we can head back to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails