Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Ho, Ho, Ho Wall Hanging

Are you ready for another Christmas project?  How about one that can be completed in roughly 30 minutes?  This definitely fits the bill and would be the perfect item to make if you're short on time. And even better, you only need a few supplies - a sewing hoop, white fabric, Kuretake markers, some ribbon, and a jingle bell.



To start, I used a Zig Painty FX paint pen in red to add color to the sewing hoop.  I only painted the top and outside edges since you won't be able to see the rest of the hoop once everything is put together. Once the hoop is painted, just set it aside to dry while you work on the fabric.


To make sure everything I drew would fit inside the hoop, I laid the fabric on top of the hoop and lightly traced around the edge with a pencil.  I wasn't too worried about the pencil line showing, because once the fabric is pulled tight within the hoop it won't be visible.

Next, using a black Zig Writer, I drew a squiggled line around the inside edge of the circle that was drawn and then drew on the Christmas lights.  To make the letters, I simply drew around some chipboard letters I had laying around.


Then I used my Zig Fabricolor pens to color in the Christmas lights.


I also used my Fabricolor pens to color in the letters.


Of course, no project is complete without a bit of sparkle.  This was easy to add to the Christmas lights using  the Zig Wink of Stella pens.  Love, love, love these pens!  They add just a hint of shimmer without being overpowering.

To make sure the ink is set permanently (and to remove any wrinkles in the fabric), I gave it a quick run under my iron.


To pull everything together, I added a bit of ribbon and a jingle bell.  Those who know me well will attest to the fact that I love to add bells to Christmas projects.


Thanks for stopping in today!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! And you make it look so easy, thanks for the step-by-step directions!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails