Friday, November 2, 2012

Moth Queen

I'm back with you today with another card using the Moth Queen stamp from Queen Kat Designs. This is a really fun stamp to work with.  My mind kept going to all the different color combos I use with her hair!

I am currently in the middle of a huge project using book pages.  So I decided to steal a page from that project and use it as the background for this card.  I simply inked the book page with Distress Ink, then flicked some Dylusions ink and water  to give it a splattered look.  


Next, I colored my stamped imaged with Prismacolor pencils then double mounted it patterned paper.


Lastly, I added a bit of pom-pom trim and a a few flowers.  You may have noticed this card does not have a sentiment.  This was on purpose.  I like to have a stash of cards on hand that I can grab in a pinch and add whatever sentiment I need, whether it be for a birthday or a quick pick-me-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails