Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Table Decor

Just a few more day days until Turkey Day is here!  I know I'm ready for the dressing and all the yummy side dishes.  So in preparation, I thought I'd make a little something in the form of a napkin ring to spruce up the dinner table.  


With lots of layers and fall colors, this would look wonderful on any place setting.  And the best part is that it only took a few minutes to create.  So let's see how I put this together.


To start, I painted a wooded napkin ring with a Clementine Zig Painty pen.  Simply set it aside to dry as we work on the next few steps.


Next I stamped a leaf image three times onto heavy cardstock.  I used a Zig Writer on the stamp itself.


Now, onto coloring the stamped images.  I used a light yellow Zig Art and Graphic Twin marker to color all three leaves.   For this part, I did not worry about coloring in the lines as all three leaves will be cut out later.  I also did not worry about having darker or lighter spots when coloring the images.


Next , I used the same yellow marker and added in a brown shade.  I simply touched the tip of the yellow marker to the brown marker to pick up some of the color.


Then, starting on the outside of the stamped image, I simply started layering on the brown ink lightly by coloring over the image again with the yellow marker.  I just kept touching the tip of the brown marker and layering on the color until I was happy with the outcome.


I added a last bit of color using a red Zig writer.  Then I simply cut out all three leaves.


Now, all that's left is to start layering everything together.  I cut out a small square of burlap and adhered it to the napkin ring.  Then, I layered on two fabric leaves.  Next up, I layered on the three cardstock leaves.  And lastly, I added in a couple of small flowers.


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails